This is probably the area we get the most complaints about. We have been called everything from "Secret Police" to "religious fanatics on a moral crusade". Believe us - we aren't.
Hornet is meant to be fun and about your freedom to express yourself. We want that and encourage that! But that fun and freedom does not mean we will allow you to upload a photo of you holding your most prized possession. Yes we know it looks lovely, but, no. Just.....no.
We have to honor some guidelines by our partners Apple and Google, among others. If we don't - bam - Hornet gets pulled quicker than a quick thing on National Quick Day. Was your ability to show the world your naughty bits really worth Hornet being taken off the air?!
Here comes the list of things you can't do. It's a guide. It's not 'the law'. Even if you think you meet all the requirements, we can still reject your photo. We are not obligated to put your photo back up just because you feel the guy next door has a naughtier photo. We are not picking on / targeting / singling out anyone. We don't care if you regularly walk down the street like that. We reserve the right to remove any photo and/ or text we feel like, for any reason we feel like. That includes jealousy. Some of these guidelines are subjective and/or open to interpretation. It will therefore be our interpretation that is final. All decisions regarding these guidelines are based on the discretion of Hornet. Yep - that's right. It's *our* decision!
To find out how we expect you to act towards others, please go to our Etiquette Guide
Things that are NOT allowed on Hornet including but not limited to:
- Nudity. No genitals. Not even a peek, including butt and side-butt.
- Children (Anyone under the age of 18). ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS.
- Photos that aren't you (celebs, your ex, that guy you hate, your mother-in-law etc)
- Genitals covered up by a towel, hat, tea cup, thimble, bed sheet, etc etc etc.
- No grabbing/holding or touching genitals or genital area. That includes through your shorts.
- Erection or outline of genitals through clothing. (The bigger the bulge, the more likely it will be rejected, if we can tell if you are circumcised or can clearly see your meat 'n' 2 veg then it's a no from us).
- Firearms or weapons (real or not). We don't care if it's 'just a joke'.
- Animals in a sexual position. (yes - people do try to upload these)
- Images that display semen (or any fluid made to look like semen or ejaculation)
- Scat, Watersports, blood, violence (real, fake, artists impression - all banned)
- Sexually explicit, graphic or overly suggestive photos (even if no actual nudity is shown)
- Sex toys, props or ANYTHING that can be deemed to be such
The Not-So-Obvious (but still banned)
- Pubic hair, even if it is just a tiny wisp over the top of your shorts. Bears: we know where pubic hair stops and belly hair begins.
- Photos with only underpants being worn (on the bottom half of the body).
- Photos of any obscene gestures and/or lewd behavior. (Flippin' the bird, the finger etc)
- Illegal drug use or drug paraphernalia (if it looks dodgy, it's a no-no, such as a 'roll-up' cigarette). Also includes drug use in a State or Country where it may be legal.
- Overly graphic photos
- Depictions of underage drinking (as we aren't Interpol and don't know the legal age for drinking in each country, anyone who looks young will have the photo rejected).
- External contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
- Drawings, painting, cartoons, artwork or overly stylized photographs
- Image used to advertise services, goods, events, websites or apps
- Copyrighted or photographer marked images or illustrations
- No profanity or curse words. Includes holding up paper with curse words written on it.
- Photo of just the crotch: front, side, back, pixelated, clothed, whatever. This would include a photo taken from the waist down. Just because your legs are in it does not mean it isn't a crotch shot. If the main focus is of the crotch, it's not allowed.
- Photos of animals that are in pain or distress, including depictions of bloodsports.
- Extreme close-up photos, photos where it is unclear what the photo is of.
- Photos which are gross, disgusting, nasty, yucky, terrible, abhorrent, repugnant. You get the idea.
Now that we have the list out of the way, lets cover a few of those borderline areas.
- The locker room shot. Guys we all know you have been working hard at the gym and you want to show off those abs, especially as you have that post-workout glow and that locker room mirror is always sooooooooooo flattering. You simply MUST take that photo! But put on a pair of shorts first. We know you want to show your 0% body fat extending down into your groin but less is MORE. If you are there in just your tighty-whities the photo will get rejected. We don't want that. We want the world to see those abs. Put on the shorts and DON'T yank them down on one side. That sexy shot of pubic hair (or shaved pubic hair area) will just get rejected. Keep the waistband up and the boys will be flocking to you!
- The jock-strap shot. Yep - we love them too! They enhance the male physique so perfectly. More is definitely MORE in this respect! :-) But lets not take things too far. Big bulges are not cool. Got a semi? Keep it to yourself because it won't be going on Hornet. Neither will that side view or rear view. Of course its sexy. In fact its turning us on right now! But lets leave something to the imagination. Put on a pair of shorts.
- The speedo shot. Similar to the jock strap shot. These little bad boys are designed to show off a man to perfection. But make sure it's in the correct context. Swimwear is for the beach or pool. Speedo in your bathroom mirror is not-so-good. Also, if mother nature blessed you and you are a big guy, we don't want you reminding the rest of us of our inadequacy. We will reject the photo out of jealousy.
- The "I've shaved my pubes so you can't reject me" shot. Yes we follow the latest trends too and we know that lots of guys are mowing the man-garden. Just because the hair is gone does not make the photo acceptable. Any naked flesh in the area where pubic hair normally is will be rejected.
Now on to the profile itself. Things that are NOT allowed on the profile name, headline, description etc: including but not limited to:
- Text referring to genital size/description or sexual acts
- Sexually explicit or overly suggestive text.
- Disparaging or offensive remarks about Hornet or any of its users in profile text, headline text, user names and photos (really? did you think we would let you bad mouth us?!)
- Racial remarks in profile text, headline text, user names and photos
- Advertising of services, goods, events, websites or apps. This includes the basic mention of massages and escorting
- Mention of illegal drugs or text referring to "party"
- Profanity or curse words, including abbreviations, masking and fill-ins.
If you see any photos on Hornet that contravene these guidelines, please report them through the app under the "Report this guy" function. We get thousands of photos to approve every day and occasionally we make a mistake and allow a photo that we shouldn't. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Remark: All photo approvals and classifications are based on the discretion of Hornet. Photos posted to Hornet are reviewed and approved in the order in which they are received.